Choking is one of the leading causes of death among infants. A worryingly high percentage of parents and carers wouldn’t know what to do if a child in their care started choking…would you?
Our ‘First Aid for Parents’ course will provide you with the following:
- The skills you need to recognise and manage common emergencies in children
- Peace of mind that you will be fully prepared in an emergency
- Relaxed, practical training in a comfortable environment
- A chance to discuss your experiences with other parents and an experienced instructor
Course content includes:
- Preventing emergencies in and around the home
- Recognising and managing choking
- Managing a burn
- Child and baby CPR
- Signs and symptoms of asthma
- Signs and symptoms of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis)
- Signs and symptoms of meningitis
Discussions and questions about your own fears and experiences are always encouraged during the course.