Cricket Safe Level 2 has been developed by Lubas Medical in conjunction with the ECB and is our intermediate level course, designed to enhance the first aid skills of anyone responding to a cricket-related injury.
Over the duration of two days (12 hours), we will refresh your knowledge of basic first aid, as well as demonstrating how to use and assist with more advanced equipment required in emergency situations.
You will learn the importance of recording casualty information and the skills to support medical staff where appropriate.
The course is also recommended for anyone who may have to respond to an injury where access to professional medical assistance may be delayed.
As this is a more advanced cricket first aid course, you will need to have completed Cricket Safe Level 1
, or another sports specific first aid course, within the previous 12 months before attending.
Course content includes:
- Review of first aid skills included in Cricket Safe Level 1 course
- Understanding legal/professional issues and responsibilities of a first aider
- Approaching and assessing an injured cricketer
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Management of the airway and breathing
- Emergency use of oxygen
- Splinting and immobilisation
- Safe transfer onto an appropriate stretcher, plus lifting and handling techniques
- Indications for emergency transfer and the use of pain-killing gas
- Neck/spinal injuries
- Head injuries, concussions and cricket helmet removal
- Assessing, monitoring and recording
- Demonstration of skills
Cricket First Aid: Who is This Course For?
Cricket Safe Level 2 is recommended for anyone who requires more advanced cricket first aid expertise, including (but not limited to):
- First aiders working alone with limited medical backup
- Staff working professionally within a team
- Stewards/staff responsible for responding to players/crowd injuries
- Senior first aiders and support staff
- Volunteers/staff who may be required to assist a medical professional
- Undergraduates/healthcare professionals
Each course will take place over a period of 2 days (12 hours).
The course contains a large element of practical skills teaching and hands-on practice, supported by instructor presentations.
Following completion of this course, students will be awarded the Lubas/ECB Cricket Safe Level 2 Certificate. Cricket Safe Level 2 certification is valid for 3 years, with a refresher course (4 hours) undertaken annually to maintain your confidence and skills. To find out more about Cricket Safe Level 2 and book your place on the course, please contact Lubas Medical today.